Thursday, September 18, 2008

JOURNAL #2

The essays I choose were compelling in the sense that they have drive and determination. The essays in a way show that the people that wrote about it have fight.The first essay if basically a life story not being Abel to play sports due to a physical disability. The second story is in first person and she explains first hand how cheer leading is a sport and they work just as hard.Essay one has more of a reflective tone while essay two has a serious and a determine tone to it.They both follow the guide lines that are provided by the This I Believe organization. To me I think both essays were compelling. Here u have a kid who grows up loving the game of football has a passion for the game but can't play it. He never gives up and he finds an alternative game which is soccer, I mean to me that's nothing but fight and will power. To me if you sweat and practice to compete in any thing I believe that's a sport and that's what the second essay shows.

No comments: